Monday 25 March 2013

New Booksies

New books! This time I have two purchases and two review copies.

I received Rise of the Fallen by Teagan Chilcott, a young Indigenous Australian author, from the publisher. It's urban fantasy and set in Australia (Brisbane I think) so I'm looking forward to reading it.

I also got the short story collection The Best of Connie Willis from the publisher via NetGalley. Need I really say more? All the stories included were award winners (Hugos, Nebulas, etc).


On the purchasing front, I got the latest collection in the Twelve Planets series from Twelve Planet Press thanks to my ebook subscription. The collection is Asymmetry by Thoraiya Dyer and I hadn't read any of her stories before. If you saw my review of Asymmetry, you'll know that I was thoroughly impressed with it.

I also pre-ordered some time ago (and spent a +1 achievement unlocked book purchase on) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Claire, the final book in the Infernal Devices trilogy. I'm excited to finish off this series, partly because the ending promises to be memorable. And also because I got one of the collectors editions with the (surprisingly glossy!) family tree at the back.


Yay for new books!

2 comments:

  1. I'd be interested in your review of Rise of the Fallen, it's always great to hear of new books by Aussie women!

    And I am really torn about continuing on with Clare's books... I read CA and I was gifted CP for Xmas 2 years ago.. but I never read it.

    p.s the main ingredients in the creme is cashews & almonds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rise of the Fallen is currently third on my read next list, so it shouldn't be too far away.

      I've enjoyed the Clockwork series much more than the City of things series. I think it's mainly better characters. CP was one of my favourite reads of last year although the recent present day ones were more meh.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.