Thursday 31 December 2020

A Wrap on 2020

As I'm sure most people agree, it has been A Year. Among other things, it was a year in which a lot of the work of making Rebuilding Tomorrow happened. Even if you didn't back our Kickstarter, you can now buy the ebooks of Rebuilding Tomorrow on all the ebook platforms. I won't list everything that slowed down the paperback copy (😱) but it has been delayed and will be available some time in early 2021 (after it has been shipped to all our Kickstarter backers).

Partly because of the time and energy I put into Rebuilding Tomorrow, 2020 has not been a year in which I got an awful lot of (non-submission) reading done. This has also been an ongoing trend for me over the past few years, as long-time readers of this blog may have noticed. At this point in my life, I don't feel I have enough spare energy left over from my day job to keep up with reviewing. Because of this, it has also just stopped sparking joy. So I'm going to stop, for now.

For nine years, I have reviewed every book and short story I read with exceptions only for awards judging and my anthology submissions. That has been A Lot. Blogger tells me I have 1070 published posts, though not all of those are reviews. Including the two reviews I have already scheduled for early 2021, I have written 840 review posts. I have also posted 36 interviews with authors. (You can browse them all in my index.)

I need a break.

I intend to review a few more books that I have already committed to, but I won't be taking on any new review books for the foreseeable future. Time will tell whether this will be a temporary or permanent hiatus. If you want to be kept abreast of my sparse future posts, consider subscribing via email in the box on the left (on desktop view).

Here's to 2021! 🥂 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.