Meanwhile, Holly and I wrote a lot of blog posts that went live during the campaign. In case you missed a few, here is a list:
- I talked about The Inspiration Behind “Defying Doomsday” at Diversity in YA
- Holly talked about Realism and Disability in the Apocalypse at Adventures of a Bookonaut
- Holly and I were interviewed by SC Flynn
- I asked What Kind of Apocalypse Would You Survive? at Speculating on SpecFic
- I talked about Disabled and Chronically Ill Characters in Speculative Fiction at SF Signal
- Holly wrote some Tips for Writing Disabled Characters at Ebon Shores
- Holly talked about Apocalypse Fiction at DiversifYA
- I talked about different apocalypse possibilities at Dark Wolf Fantasy
- Holly and I were interviewed by Marisa Wikramanayake
- I was interviewed on the podcast Galactic Chat (my first live(ish) podcast appearance!)
- Holly talked about The Myths of Disability in Life and Fiction at Stephanie Gunn’s blog
- I talked about why we chose the apocalypse theme at A Fantastical Librarian
- I shared her superpower at Skiffy and Fanty
- Holly talked about Defying Doomsday at the Australian Women Writers Challenge blog
We were also very excited to announce that Robert Hoge will be writing our introduction!
Finally, a couple of other people wrote nice things about Defying Doomsday:
- Tansy Rayner Roberts wrote about why she’s excited for Defying Doomsday
- John Chu wrote about stories that feature characters who don’t normally get the spotlight
And if you want an ongoing supply of disability and/or chronic illness etc related content, you might consider following (or intermittently checking) our Tumblr.
The campaign link again, if you want to get a last minute pledge in, is: http://www.pozible.com/project/188146
Thank-you to everyone who's already backed and everyone that helped us spread the word! You are all awesome!