Wednesday 15 April 2015

Tsana's April Status

My status is exhausted.

I was very busy at work in March, but I won't bore you with that. Instead, have a couple of guest posts, one from Rowena Cory Daniells on Choices, and one from Kim Curran on the top ten things that inspire her to write. And here's what I've been up to since the end of March:

I landed in Melbourne, had less than a couple of days with our family/to recover from jet-lag before setting off to Perth at the crack of dawn (yay, more jet-lag) for Swancon. The day before Swancon started we launched the Defying Doomsday Pozible campaign (back us, we're awesome, it's going to be awesome). I was pretty asleep for the first two days of Swancon, especially on the Friday when I was on three-ish panels. I'm afraid I could have been more cogent/awake/further from the brink of involuntary unconsciousness. But I think they went OK? At least, I don't think I made a complete fool out of myself. My last panel was on the Sunday about science in fiction (a pet topic of mine, as many of you will know) and I think that went particularly well. It was a large panel, but it was well moderated and I think we had some good back and forth going. (By the way, if you were at that panel or are just interested, one of our Pozible rewards is a science check, by me, of your story.) Oh, and the Ditmar Awards were announced, as were the Tiptree Award and the Hugo shortlist (the latter to much angst).

That was Swancon. We had an extra day in Perth, theoretically to sightsee, but the weather was terrible so no beach for us. Then back to Melbourne, a quick catch up with some friends and I was off to Canberra for the Aurealis Awards. Circumstances converged such that I was the one running the official Twitter account, which was kind of fun. You can read the results here.

And now it's halfway through April and things have almost slowed down. Almost. I've been writing a lot of guest blog posts to promote Defying Doomsday, which you can scroll through on the Defying Doomsday blog (with links to the external sites, of course).

What Have I Read?



Some books, mostly.

Currently Reading


I'm part way through Cranky Ladies of History, an anthology edited by Tehani Wessely and Tansy Rayner Roberts, and Winning the King, a sci-fi romance by Nicole Murphy.

New Booksies


  • Insert Title Here edited by Tehani Wessely, for review from FableCroft Press
  • Prudence by Gail Carriger, already reviewed, purchased.
  • Glorious Angels by Justina Robson, purchased because it was on sale. Although stupid Google Play isn't letting me download it despite lodging complaints. Grumble.
  • Masquerade by Kylie Fornasier, free from Dymocks with the pre-order of the next book...
  • The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead, the last Bloodlines book.
  • Magic Dirt by Sean Williams, freebie at Swancon
  • Troy by Simon Brown, freebie at Swancon
  • The Workers' Paradise edited by Russell B. Farr, freebie at Swancon
  • 2012 edited by Alisa Krasnostein from Swancon and now I accidentally have two copies of it...
  • Glitter Rose by Marianne De Pierres from Swancon
  • The Courier's New Bicycle by Kim Westwood, from Swancon
  • Year's Best YA Speculative Fiction 2013 edited by Julia Rios and Alisa Krasnostein, from Swancon
  • Ms. Marvel Volume 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson, purchased in Perth
  • Ms. Marvel Volume 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson, purchased in Perth
  • Sex Criminals Volume 2 by Matt Fraction, purchased in Perth, already reviewed
  • Rat Queens Volume 1 by Kurtis J. Wiebe, purchased in Perth
  • The Year's Best Australian Fantasy and Horror 2013 edited by Liz Grzyb and Talie Helene
  • Veronica Mars: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas, purchased in Melbourne
  • Drachengott: Wind by K J Taylor, for review from Harper Collins
No images today because I don't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.